Who We Are:
The King County Democrats is an organization that consists of thousands of voters, volunteers, and donors who are committed to getting progressive candidates elected to local offices all across King County. We are a democratically run organization with elected Leadership including our Chair, Vice Chairs, and Committee Chairs, and are made strong by our leaders and Precinct Committee Officers from the 17 Legislative Districts that exist within King County.
Our mission is to advance progressive policy and strengthen the Democratic bench in King County through grassroots activism, Get Out The Vote efforts, and empowerment of our base. We are currently seeking a qualified candidate to help us do this essential work through a 6-month unpaid internship.
The Research Intern will have the convenience of being able to work remotely on research projects on an as needed basis. They will be expected to complete 8-10 hours of work per week. They may occasionally be asked to attend meetings to present information to various committees. Optional attendance at community events, parties and fundraisers will be offered as an opportunity to network with other progressive activists/leaders.
The Research Intern will report directly to the Executive Director of the King County Democrats, and may be asked to report to individual committee chairs on an as-needed basis.
This is an excellent opportunity to gain experience with local community leaders, activists, candidates, and party officials. The Intern will gain invaluable inside experience working within the democratic system and will have opportunities to build relationships with Democratic leaders. They will also build upon existing professional skills like communication, project management, and working within a team setting.
- Current membership or previous volunteer experience with a progressive organization or political group
- Attention to detail and experience conducting high quality, thorough research
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential to this position – because this position allows the intern the flexibility to work from home on their own time, the candidate must be extremely fastidious about responding to emails in a timely manner and be open to being managed remotely
- Some experience with the verbiage and knowledge of the basic building blocks of local political and governmental systems preferred
- Women, gender non-binary folks, and people of color are strongly urged to apply
Projected timeline: November 1st, 2017 through May 1st, 2018
To apply please send cover letter and resume to [email protected]