Please support our endorsed candidates and ballot measures.
- John Wilson for King County Assessor
- Girmay Zahilay for Metropolitan King County Council, District No. 2
- Sarah Reyneveld for Metropolitan King County Council, District No. 4
- Claudia Balducci for Metropolitan King County Council, District No. 6
- Teresa Mosqueda for Metropolitan King County Council, District No. 8
- Leonard Feldman for Court of Appeals Division 1, Judge Position 4
- Coreen Wilson for King County Superior Court, Judge Position 30 (elected, will not appear on ballot)
- Mark A. Larranaga for King County Superior Court, Judge Position 33 (elected, will not appear on ballot)
- Joe Campagna for King County Superior Court, Judge Position 39 (elected, will not appear on ballot)
Port of Seattle Races
- Sam Cho for Port of Seattle, Commissioner Position No. 2
- Fred Felleman for Port of Seattle, Commissioner Position No. 5
City Council Races
- Black Diamond
- Federal Way
- Lake Forest Park
- Mercer Island
- Maren Costa for City of Seattle, Council Position No. 1
- Tammy J. Morales for City of Seattle, Council Position No. 2
- Ron Davis for City of Seattle, Council Position No. 4
- Nilu Jenks for City of Seattle, Council Position No. 5
- Dan Strauss for City of Seattle, Council Position No. 6
- Andrew J. Lewis for City of Seattle, Council Position No. 7
School Board Races
- Bellevue School District
- Federal Way School District
- Highline School District
- Issaquah School District
- Kent School District
- Lake Washington School District
- Mercer Island School District
- Northshore School District
- Seattle School District
- Liza Rankin for Seattle School District No. 001, Director District No. 1
- Lisa Rivera Smith for Seattle School District No. 001, Director District No. 2
- Christie Robertson for Seattle School District No. 001, Director District No. 3
- Gina Topp for Seattle School District No. 001, Director District No. 6
- Snoqualmie Valley School District
- Tahoma School District
Special Purpose & Utility District Races
- Gene Achziger for Des Moines Pool Metro Park District, Commissioner Position No. 5
- Anthony R. Berkley for King County Hospital District No. 1 Valley, Commissioner Position No. 1
- Amber Wise for King County Hospital District No. 6 Kirkland, Commissioner Position No. 6
- Kamil Zaidi for King Fire District No. 34, Commissioner Position No. 1
- David Arthur for Northshore Utility District, Commissioner Position No. 4
- Gregory Baruso for South King Fire & Rescue, Commissioner Position No. 4
- Craig Burrus for South King Fire & Rescue, Commissioner Position No. 5
- Preeti Shridhar for Woodinville Water District, Commissioner Position No. 5
Information for 2023 Campaigns
Thank you for your interest in an endorsement from the King County Democrats Central Committee (KCDCC). To receive an endorsement, you must complete a questionnaire. The King County Democrats’ questionnaire is also required by most of the 17 Democratic Legislative District (LD) organizations that fall within King County’s jurisdiction.
- 2023 Questionnaire: https://www.kcdems.org/candidate-questionnaire/, must be filled out and submitted via our website.
Note: We highly recommend that you file with the PDC BEFORE filling out our questionnaire. Filing with the PDC is what triggers our internal process of recognizing you as a candidate and automating each step in the endorsement process. Filing with the PDC first will allow the process to work faster. Filling out our questionnaire first adds extra steps for our team of volunteers who are working hard to make this process as seamless and streamlined as possible for everyone involved. Thank you very much for being a part of this important process.
About the questionnaire: The introductory questions are related to contact information and are the same for all candidates. Once you select the type of race and the specific jurisdiction you are running in, you will then be asked to answer the general questions (which are also the same for all candidates). The next page(s) of questions on your questionnaire will depend on the type of race you are running in.
New for 2023: You may save your questionnaire progress at any time by clicking the “Save and Continue Later” button at the bottom of each questionnaire page. This will take you to a page that contains a magic link for your partially-finished questionnaire, which is valid for 30 days. Please save this link to access your questionnaire later! We also highly recommend that you enter an email address to have the link sent to you, for your records.
Completed questionnaires must be submitted via our website.
You must submit your questionnaire directly to us, via our website, to be considered for a KCDCC endorsement. Questionnaires forwarded from a local LD organization, King County Young Democrats, or a Democratic club will not be accepted.
Once you have completed your questionnaire, you will receive an email that includes all of your questionnaire answers in text form. You can then copy/paste those answers into a document (such as Microsoft Word, Apple Pages, or Google Docs) should you need to save them in document or PDF form. You can also use your computer’s print function to save the email text as a PDF. Further instructions are listed on the Candidate Resources page mentioned below.
All of our submitted questionnaires are checked for completion and then stored in a private but shared drive that all LDs and LD endorsements teams have access to. While some LDs may ask for you to provide your own PDF of your responses to our questionnaire, each LD will have access to all questionnaires within 72 hours of their completion.
Head over to the Candidate Resources page for timelines, LD intersections for your race, information on each LD organization’s endorsement process, and more.
KCDCC Endorsement Procedures
Head over to the Endorsement Procedures page for KCDCC endorsement rules.
If you’d like to view or download a PDF of all 2023 KC Dems questionnaires, to see the questions in full, ahead of filling out the questionnaire form using the link listed above, it is posted directly below.