2015 is a local election year. There will be races for port commission, county council, city council, mayor, and school board on the ballot. There may also be initiatives, referenda, constitutional amendments, and/or local propositions.
Special elections were held in February and April of 2015. The filing period for office in 2015 was May 11th-15th. The August Top Two Election will be Tuesday, August 4th; the November general election will be Tuesday, November 3rd.
Endorsements for 2015
- King County Assessor: Lloyd Hara
- King County Director of Elections: Christopher Roberts and Zack Hudgins (dual endorsement)
- King County Council, District 4: Jeanne Kohl-Welles
- King County Council, District 6: Claudia Balducci
- King County Council, District 8: Joe McDermott
- Port of Seattle Commissioner, Position 2: Courtney Gregoire
- City of Seattle Council, District 2: Bruce Harrell
- City of Seattle Council, District 3: Rod Hearne
- City of Seattle Council, District 5: Sandy Brown and Debora Juarez (dual endorsement)
- City of Seattle Council, District 7: Sally Bagshaw
- City of Issaquah Council, Position 2: Jennifer Sutton
- City of Kirkland Council, Position 6: Dave Asher
- City of Shoreline Council, Position 2: Keith Scully
- City of Shoreline Council, Position 4: Doris McConnell
- City of Shoreline Council, Position 6: Lorn Richey
- City of Tukwila Council, Position 6: Kate Kruller
- Seattle School District No. 1 Director, District 2: Rick Burke
- Seattle School District No. 1 Director, District 3: Jill Geary
- South King Fire & Rescue Commissioner, Position 2: Roger Flygare
This list will be updated as the year progresses and KCDCC makes additional endorsements.
Information for Candidates
Thank you for your interest in receiving an endorsement from the King County Democrats. For the 2015 election cycle, you will need to fill out one of the following five (5) questionnaires, depending on which office you are running for:
- State Questionnaire (Word)
- County Questionnaire [for Council, Assessor, Elections Director] (Word)
- Port of Seattle Questionnaire (Word)
- School District Questionnaire (Word)
- Municipal Questionnaire for City Councils, Mayors, and all non-school/port special district Commissioners (Word)
Completed questionnaires should be emailed to email@example.com.
You must submit your questionnaire directly to KCDCC to be considered. Questionnaires forwarded from a legislative district, KCYD, or a Democratic club will not be accepted.
At a minimum, your questionnaire must be received seven days in advance of a meeting if you want your candidacy to be considered at that meeting; this particular requirement is now in our bylaws and cannot be waived or suspended. Note that you will most likely want to get your questionnaire in much earlier than this. To be eligible for consideration at the June 23rd KCDCC endorsement meeting, you must submit your questionnaire by Tuesday, June 16th at 11:59 PM Pacific Time – that is the next cutoff. After submitting your questionnaire, make an appointment to interview with the Endorsements Committee by contacting Bob Loeliger. Candidates who sit down with the committee have a much higher likelihood of being recommended and/or endorsed.
All candidates who have submitted questionnaires are listed here; this list will update at least every few days (and also on the 7th day before any meeting).
You may also wish to review our full endorsement procedures which are significantly different from previous years.
View endorsements for previous years: