Thank you to everyone who joined us on May 1st for the King County Democratic Convention! The caucus and convention cycle wraps up in June with the Washington State Democratic Convention.
Delegates, Alternates and other interested Democrats should mark the following dates on their calendars:
- Washington State Democratic Convention: June 17th – 19th (all day) in Tacoma.
- Opening ceremonies like the banquet dinner will take place on Friday, June 17th
- The Convention itself will take place on Saturday, June 18th, starting at 9 AM
- Selection of at-large and PLEO delegates to the Democratic National Convention will take place on Sunday, June 19th
- Democratic National Convention: July 25th – 28th, in Philadelphia.
Please see below for important information about the Convention from the Washington State Democratic Party.
On June 17th, we’ll have convention committee meetings, party building trainings and forums, and caucus meetings – all leading up to the Welcome Reception and Gala Banquet. Our gala banquet speaker will be the Honorable Thomas E. Perez (U.S. Labor Secretary).
On June 18th, we’ll host the State Party Breakfast and then the State Convention.
We are excited to announce that our keynote speaker at the convention will be U.S. Senator Jeff Merkley of Oregon. Besides the keynote, on Saturday the delegates will be voting on the platform, resolutions, and charter amendments.
Delegates, alternates and guests should plan on attending the events and activities on Friday, June 17th and Saturday, June 18th. The events on Sunday, June 19th are specifically for the election of individuals who will attend the National Convention. 12 PLEOs and 22 At-Large Delegates will be elected on June 19th.
Every individual who attends State Convention on Friday or Saturday must register. Wednesday, June 8th, at 5:00 PM is the deadline to register online for convention. This is the best way to ensure your convention credentialing goes smoothly.
If you do not register online by June 8th, you may register upon your arrival on Friday, June 17th, or Saturday, June 18th. Delegates must register by 12:00 PM on Saturday, June 18th, in order to vote in the General Session. Alternates must register by this time in order to be seated for absent Delegates.
If you are only attending on Sunday, June 19th, for National Delegation activities, you do not need to register. Candidates, voting members, and National Delegates elected at the CD Caucuses will sign in upon arrival on Sunday.
The deadline to purchase individual meal event tickets is Friday, June 10th at 5:00 PM. Meal event tickets will not be available at the door. These events include:
- June 17th at 6:30 PM – Convention Gala Banquet featuring special guest speaker the Honorable Thomas E. Perez (U.S. Secretary of Labor).
- June 18th at 7:30 AM – State Party Breakfast featuring special guest speakers State Attorney General Bob Ferguson and Tacoma Mayor Marilyn Strickland.
- June 18th at 12:00 PM – Convention Lunch Break (no speaking program)
For more information on the Convention, please visit our website.